Wednesday, May 5, 2010

RIP Diego...I think... :/

So last night as I began my long trek home from Buckle I noticed my car singing to me. This song had no words, rather, a consistent pattern. Spudder, spud, spud, spudder, spud, spud... (considering selling the lyrics...) I thought welp it is an old car, perhaps it just needs a little check up. Despite my positivity to the situation, deep down I feared my car had reached it's limit. Like 170k miles was a lot or something. I made it home and awoke this morning to my car driving me to work, just singin its song! With a FB status of "Oh my gosh, my car is spuddering. Are you kidding me? Well if you hear of an exploding car it's probably me :/ " I was obviously fearing the worst since the spuddering just continued on... I got a phone call from my brother Ryan asking what was wrong with my car. Apparently my response of "It's sputtering" didn't do much justice to the issue. Since my check engine light was on when I left work, I drove to AutoZone only to find that they don't do diagnostic tests on cars that are 20+ years old GAYTARDED is what that is! So I drove poor Diego to Gunnell's. I went in requesting a diagnostic test and they said yep! we can do that bring him back at 1 and we'll check it out for ya! Sweet, I'm on my way to getting this figured out. I call Ryan to inform him of what is going on and just as he answered I turned the key, car started and BAM 3 seconds later, it was off. I immediately begin to bawl, enter Gunnell's tell them Diego is just going to have to stay there, I sat in Gunnell's for 20 minutes, bawling...in case you were wondering. As I await the dreaded test results of my poor 1989 Honda Accord, I have the new dilemma of how the heck I'm going to buy a car...

But don't you fret (katie, this is for you)...Tia Rosa's for dinner made it a little bit better. Not to mention my Birthday Fried Ice Cream drenched in delicious strawberry sauce that I was able to enjoy. Didn't even think about Diego ONCE during my dessert!!

Also, I bought a new dress. So what if I'm and emotional shopper?? haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com