Monday, February 7, 2011

Uncoordinated :)

That's right, I'm saying it loud and proud: I'm extraordinarily uncoordinated. Why say it loud and proud? Because I always teach my students to say their scores loud and proud, even if maybe they weren't the best. It's important to embrace your faults. But it's alright that I'm uncoordinated because I'm working on it. Part of my lack of coordination ties back to my lack of balance. I've taken on a new challenge: Yoga. YIKES! The more I do yoga, the more I realize how difficult it is to actually do poses correctly. I'm aware that it's going to take a lot more than yoga, but I'm just taking baby steps here.

I think my brother put it very accurately once. I was being forced to play tennis, and as I'm walking out of the house with my friend he asks, "Where are you going?" upon my response of, "to play tennis"...what do I get? "Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha have you ever seen Hailee's coordination?" Don't worry Jake, I wasn't even offended, because it's totally true.

How else would I have gotten out of line dancing while working at Texas Roadhouse? I just always told my manager, "I dance in the water, not on land. My hand-eye-foot-eye-body coordination is zip, zilch, nada." I don't really think he believed me, but I wasn't about to give him examples of my pathetic level of coordination.

So my acknowledgement of my lack of coordination has been my excuse for my suckiness in P.E., racquetball, anything with a ball, dancing, etc... but I've decided to change that excuse. This could be a ridiculously impossible goal, but I"ll remain optimistic and hope for the gift of coordination. Goal set.

1 comments:

Katie and Greg said...

Wow..... how is that goal going now?? :-b

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com