So it's week 3 of school and my life has officially been taken over by homework. I seriously forgot how to do homework in my year and a half off of school and so I'm just trying to adjust to the intensity of my program. I'm sorry but and Education Psychology class in 8 weeks is INSANITY!!!! When I'm not doing Ed Psych homework, I'm thinking about how much Ed Psych homework I have to get done. My goal this weekend is to get a week ahead in my homework so that next week isn't quite so stressful.
Speaking of my program...Elementary Education...do people hear "Bachelors in Elementary Ed" and think...AWESOME! I can get a degree in coloring and painting and reading picture books? I'm sorry, but if you can't tell me that all the sounds you here in the word "stamp" are /s/t/a/m/p/ but rather tell me they are /st/a/mp/..then maybe you should consider a different profession. I mean this is a kindergarten concept. I'm just sayin. Yeah, it might be harsh of me, but there has got to be a point where you say "Gee, maybe I'm not cut out for teaching..". Sorry, done venting.
Today I totally shot myself in the foot. I couldn't find what I was looking for when I was working with my 1st grade group and I laugh and say, "Well, this is just how today is gonna be..." (and if you haven't learned that kids are VERY aware of attitude and sarcasm, then listen closely to this one) One 1st grade student points to a phrase I have up in my area that say "This is a good day" (includes sight words, and a positive message :) )...so she points at it and says "No Miss Hailee, this is a good day. See?". Well thanks sweet girl, for shoving my foot in my mouth for me. It was definitely one of those, well crap, these kids are smart, moments. :)
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment